1. Can we change our studies from Hard Drive to Online ?
If you have enrolled any time after January 2013 and have made a full payment for your hard drive, you can upgrade to our online service with no extra cost. However, you are required to return the hard drive.
2. Can we download the lectures and notes?
The lectures have copyright and downloading is not permissible. However, the Graduates of eHawza Diploma are able to obtain the full Diploma Package on a hard drive at a minimum cost for future referencing. Graduates with Distinction Marks or above will receive a complimentary Package.
The lecture notes are downloadable either from your page (Student Log In) or eHawza website.
3. Can we still access the lectures without internet?
If you are a registered Online Student you will not be able to access lectures without internet. eHawza hard drive packages are no longer available unless for exceptional cases (conditions apply -eg: no internet is available)
4. How do the exams work?
Upon completing each course you should inform eHawza Admin that you are ready to sit for the exam. All arrangements will be made. Most examinations are in Multiple Choice format with occasional written answers required.
Some courses require assignments to be completed and submitted before the examination as they are part of your examination marks.
5. If I want to stop my studies at any time, can I do so?
Ceasing to continue your Diploma course altogether is your personal preference although no refunds are available.
Taking a break within your allowed time frame for completion of your Diploma is permissible. If you require a break that exceeds your limited time frame you should discuss it with our Admin.
6. When I finish my studies, what am I entitled to be? Sheikh, Islamic teacher etc.
Graduates of our Diploma Course are entitled to be Islamic Studies Teachers in Schools and assisting their local Sheikh(s).
Our Bachelor (Hons) graduates are qualified as a Sheikh and wear a Turban (Emameh) if they so wish.
7. Do I need to complete the ehawza diploma to begin the Bachelor?
Yes. However, candidates for our Bachelor who have not completed our Diploma Course are required to pass our Diploma examinations.
8. Are the certificates accredited and by whom?
Almost all ehawza courses are taught by Sh. Mansour Leghaei who is a well qualified scholar and is accredited by number of renown Maraje’ such as the late Ayatullah Golpayegani, the late Ayatullah Jawad Tabrizi, Ayatullah Naser Makarim Shirazi and Ayatullah Seyyed Ali Khamenei.
9. Can I change from full time to part time study or vice versa?
Yes it is possible. You will need to contact our Admin or organise arrangements.
10. Is the Bachelor up and running?
The Bachelor is currently running inhouse and Inshallah will be available online soon.
11. Do I have to go online, or if I wish to enrol and use a hard drive instead ,is that option still available?
eHawza Diploma is available online only for all new applicants, however, should your circumstances limit online study (conditions apply) then you can communicate with our Admin to discuss the possible Hard Drive option.
12. What If I start the first semester & change my mind and do not wish to continue my studies any further,can I change my mind?
Taking up and committing to Islamic Studies in itself is a big step. eHawza recommends people to initially do our free online crash courses to be able to help you make your decision. As per Question 5 it is your preference to cease your studies but no refunds are applicable.
13. How many hours per week am I looking at to complete the course in 36 months?
Part-time study enables you to a total maximum of 36 months therefore you will need to work out how much time you can divide your weeks into. eHawza ideally recommends 5 hours per week for Semesters 1 and 2. An increase in hours is recommended for Semesters 3 and 4 as they will require more study time due to being more in-depth and challenging.
14. If I have previously done certain Islamic studies, can I get an exemption?
As long as you pass the examination of any course you will be exempt from sitting for that course as well as paying for the course. However, a minimum fee for administration and the examination is applicable.
15. Will I receive any text books?
All the Diploma material will be provided to you online.
16. Do I need to have a good knowledge of Arabic to pursue this course?
Having any knowledge of Arabic is a plus although eHawza Diploma is designed to cater for students with absolutely no Arabic background or knowledge. Within the Diploma you will learn Quranic Arabic as well as sufficient Arabic Grammar.